Deerfield Dermatology cares about you and our community. In this uncertain time, we want to maximize the safety of our patients and staff while still providing the vital health care needs of our patients. Thus effective immediately, we have instituted several policies to help minimize the risks associated with Covid-19. Some key policies include:
Doctors and medical staff are incorporating Infection Prevention and Control protocols such as:
- Wearing protective gear (e.g. n95 masks, eye gear, gloves)
- Rigorous hand washing and hand sanitizer standards across the office
- Closely monitoring health of providers and staff. (i.e. no staff will work if they exhibit any flu-like symptoms and/or have any relevant exposure to COVID-19 without first being tested for the virus)
- Disinfecting all patient rooms including medical chairs, countertops, light switches, and door handles in between each patient.
- Disinfecting office space including countertops, light switches, and door handles each day.
Patients will be screened prior to appointment scheduling and at the time of appointment for high risk factors such as:
- Flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and/or body aches;
- Recent travel to COVID-19 hot spots or exposure to anybody who has been close in contact with someone who has traveled outside the US and is sick,
- Exposure to someone who is sick with COVID-19.
The no show and rescheduling policies will be without charge at this time.
As the environment changes, we will continue to keep you informed with the pledge of offering the highest levels of care and safety for our patients. Please feel free to call us with any concerns or questions at 847-480-0004 or email us at contactus@DeerfieldDermatology.com.