Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliating procedure, using a sterile, surgical blade to gently shave and remove the outermost layers of dead skin cells, along with fine, vellus hair commonly known as “peach fuzz”. Immediately after the treatment, you will notice smoother texture and a brighter complexion. Hair returns softly and will not become coarser because of the treatment.
How long does a dermaplaning session take?
Usually, a dermaplaning treatment session can take around 30 minutes, making it easier to fit into your busy schedule than some other procedures. It can also be coupled with a chemical peel to provide optimal results.
When can I expect results from dermaplaning?
Some procedures can take a day or more for you to see its results. With dermaplaning, you can see and feel smoother skin immediately after your treatment.
Why consider dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning is a very gentle treatment
- Skin care products can be better absorbed into the skin with the removal of dead skin and peach fuzz
- Makeup products are easier to apply and clean off the skin
- Dermaplaning results are instantaneous
- No downtime
- There are no risk of harsh side effects or allergic reactions
Am I a good candidate for dermaplaning?
Since dermaplaning is very easy on the skin, even those with sensitive skin may undergo it. If you are experiencing a breakout of acne, it is recommended to wait until your skin has cleared up to avoid irritation.