EMA Patient Portal
As part of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) Meaningful Use requirements, healthcare facilities must provide electronic access to a patient’s health records. The EMA patient portal provides patients with secure access to their health records for patients and/or their Account Representative.
How do patients access EMA Portal?
The Patient is REQUIRED to have a Valid Email. Multiple family members can have the same email but please notify us so we can adjust your username. Patients who have an email address on file have access to the patient portal.
- Once the portal is enabled, the patient will receive instructions on creating a password via email from EMA directly.
- Patients or Account Representatives can access the portal by visiting: Deerfield Dermatology Associates, LTD: Patient Login (ema.md)
- You will be directed to a secure log in page that will give you access to your health records.
- Enter the username and the password provided to you via email.
Frequently Asked Questions on EMA Portal
What information can I obtain online?
Patients can access their health record which includes their contact, insurance, and pharmacy information along with the past medical history, medication list, allergies, and clinical summaries of visits. Please see below for a complete list.
Is the site secure?
Deerfield Dermatology maintains electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration, or destruction. Deerfield Dermatology is aware of, and complies with, relevant laws and regulations regarding personal data.
Who has access to my health records?
Your healthcare professional and clinical support staff have access to your health records for the purpose of providing healthcare services.
What do I do if I have a question about information in my health record?
Your questions are very important to us therefore please speak with your healthcare provider during your next visit with questions.
With Our Patient Portal, Patients Can...
Enjoy a seamless, convenient experience:
- Easily navigate our clean, friendly interface
- Log into the healthcare portal from your computer
- Request refills with just a few clicks
- Send a message to your provider
Easily access key information:
- Review and update your past medical history
- Add all your medications
- Update your allergies
- Enter your family and social history
- Confirm your preferred pharmacy
- View Diagnoses
- View Visit notes
- Read our educational handouts
- View Test results including biopsy results
- See your upcoming appointments
- View billing statements
- Print out your medical records
Be more involved in the healthcare process:
- Communicate with your practice around the clock via encrypted online messaging
- Save time by quickly updating your info from home before a visit
- Have representatives access the portal on the patient's behalf if they’re underage or disabled
- Gain a deeper understanding of your health and how to improve it